Logo

code 23, possible cooling problem?

BrownTown

i have a sea fox 29 with twin honda BF 225's on the back. I have a very intermittent alarm ringing when underway at different RPM's. when i read the codes it tells me a 1 and a 23. which is knock sensor. what i am wondering is if the cooling system can have anything to do with the knock given. my starboard (which is throwing the alarm) has way more water pressure than my port. is it possible that the cooling can have something to do with a knock??? can using a paperclip to clean out the water indicator holes mess up the relief valve thats in there? is there anyway to get to that relief valve without pulling the powerhead?

Last question first.....A paperclip will not mess up the relief valve.

Depending on the relief valve that you are referring to, you should be able to get to it by removing the side cover.

You mentioned that you also got a 1 code....which indicates 02 sensor.

This is a long shot but you might want to check the thermostats to make sure that they are not stuck open, causing the engine to run cold and not burn fuel efficiently causing the o2 to go out of range and for you engine to not run smoothly, thus causing a knock.

Just a thought....

It is hard to comment on your water pressure. Has it gone up recently? I assume you have a water pressure gauge that you are reading. Or.....is it possible that the other engine needs a new impeller?

Just trying to say that the answer is not always what we think is the obvious, but sometimes something causing something....causing something.....etc.

Mike

Code 1 and 23 Or code 1 and 14 is common i have seen many once O2 sensor fail no proper combustion,so it will effect to other rough idle or knock, Never seen fail knock sensor so far,try to reset ECU once and run the engine,if O2 is fail code will appear again,then you have to replace it.

Water pressure it could be many reasons,impeller, thermostat clogged water passage, check basic things first ,open side cover,pull out water tube and clean.

wajira

Back