Logo

HONDA BF200 at NEUTRAL GRINDING SOMETIMES

islandboy123

Contributing Member
Good day guys

i have a 2005 honda bf200, when in neutral i hear a grinding sound sometimes, it does not do it all the time .it goes in to gears with no problem. sometimes when i start the boat i hear a grinding noise then put in forward OR reverse and then put it back to neutral and the engine just shuts down and starts right back by itself without me turning the key off or anything wich is weird it does it a few times then dont hear it no more. as said it does not do it all the time , like yesterday i was out all day fishing and it did not do it at all. it does it somedays and somedays not. i did take notice that when i hear the grinding noise i see that the battery voltage drops and then when i put it in gear the voltage goes back up. i dont know if this has anything to do why it shuts down and starts back by it self when i put in back in neutral but a few weeks ago with the key switch, i had to be turning the key almost right around for it to start but the washer thing keep coming loose. so finally got it tightened good now so it locks in place and dont have to spin the key all around. but i notice after this the grinding started and the shutting down and starting back by itself when u go in gear back to neutral. i would say it does this once everytime i go out. any help would be great??

another thing the water PEE hole does not shoot out water with force anymore it comes out but not with force, i used to just stick a pin in it to clear out and the water would flow hard. but last few days i trying doing that clearing it but it does not help any more would sometimes just drip at idle and at speed just flow a little. and ideas what it could be?

thanks guys

mine 225 2002 on one motor wold grind sometimes when switch back to netural after start up..it was key switch,I would joggle it back a little and problem solved same issue w collar holding switch just recent went ahead and replaced switch which was exact match plug but hard wired them and all good

had a feeling it was something with the key switch.. thanks for that info

you know anything about my other issue with the water pee hole?

The key switch may be activating your starter and that is what you are hearing.

Used compressed air into the pee hole...ideally when the motor is running and it may break the blockage loose....if it is a blockage.

Mike

Back