Logo

2007 30 efi HELP

tlynn87

hey guys new to the forum so hello to everyone! I just bought a 07 30hp efi mercury and i took it out for a test ride in the bay. When i got home hooked up the earmuffs and truned the water on full blast and started the engine but i cant get water to come out the pee whole. So i wait about 10 sec. and turn the engine off. I even taped up a third intake on the bottom side of the skid and tried again but the same problem no water out the pee whole. If anyone know what i could be doing wrong please let me know. Thanks guys!!!!

Mark

I thought that if you don't have any water going through the motor it will destroy the impeller? Someone told me that water is the lubricant for the impeller.

I thought that if you don't have any water going through the motor it will destroy the impeller? Someone told me that water is the lubricant for the impeller.
The water pump is located in the gear case. As long as you have the outboard immersed in water, or are supplying water by a flush attachment (muffs), the impeller is lubricated.

Back