Logo

Water pump for M30A2 motor

woodyking

I have a good M30A2 motor that needs a water pump. No luck so far finding one. Will any other impeller fit? Really like this motor, can't let it die over a water pump. Thanks very much for any help, Woody

You are out of luck. Tohatsu no longer has wp kits for the 30A2. After 30 years of obsolescence, there is not enough demand to produce the kits.

Actually, I bought one today from White's Marine, in McCormick, SC. The impeller fits several motors, they had four in stock. Pumps like new now!!! The part number is 34565021-0 , it was $22 total out the door. I am very happy!!! The tech told me he could get most anything for it, and I hope he is right. I know I called Tohatsu in NC and got a gear shift rod for an older Nissan 18 hp last year, so everyone, don't give up hope!! Woody

That part number is not listed for your A2 motor; it is for the B models and the jet drive units. However...
IMPELLER(25B-40C) Part 3R0650210M was superceded to 345650210M$27.49
Which will indeed fit the M25/30A. The full kits are NLA, but that impeller was a good find.
Glad it worked out for you!

Last edited:
Also, seems the foot seals will work, the main difference is that the later models use two seals on the output shaft, both lipped outwards, and the newer ones are 1/2 the thickness of the early ones. So, they should fit where mine has only one now. Getting a set of all the seals and O rings for it. At least there is hope to keep this sweet motor going! Woody

According to TohatsuOutboardParts.com the water pump kit is the same as the M30A3, and the seal kit as well, except certain years may have different O ring on the shift shaft. Here is reply from customer service;

Woody,

The pump kit is the same. The seal kit is a little different as the new kit uses 2 prop shaft seals w/ spring side out. I am told it will work on the older hubs as the seal is half the thickness. Depending on the serial, the shift bushing o-rings may be different as it hanged in the mid A2 models.

Thank you.
Steve - Customer Service

will soon know if he is right or not! Woody

I have also found that all the seals and bearings are available through most any industrial supply, like Bearings and Drives, Bearing Distributors or Motion Industries. There are no custom made seals or bearings in the foot, all common metric size seals. Ebay even has every size I searched for, in popular brands. The only parts special are the gears and shafts actually. Thank you internet!!! Woody

Back