Logo

Mariner 90 trim release

donkerr

I bought a wreck of a pontoon boat. The power trim doesn't work but the guy had a new pump to put in it. Problem is I can't figure out how to lift the motor up so that the "safety lock" can be engaged. I see in some of the parts manuals that there's a release lever... but that's not on mine or it's been broken off. What do I do? Am I missing something? We tried to manual left the motor and it's definitely hitting something on the way up.

I tried to find the knurled know on the bottom and was not able to. Boat is in the water which makes it difficult. Where on the bottom is the knob? Is there a detail drawing of it?

Boats.net have good parts diagrams but I need to know the serial number... where is that? Looked all over... getting frustrated.

The 2 ram trim the trim pump will be in boat with 4 hoses leaving it going to motor, If its a late model3 ram the release is accessed thru starboard side clampbracket with a large flat blade you turn relase screw counterclockwise. It will be hard to lift and release if in the water..

The trim pump for mine appears to be between the motor and the transom mount. I'll take a look and see if I can locate the hole at least.

Found the release and got the motor lifted. Then had to jump the starter solenoid to get the motor to fire. Where do I find the motor serial number so that I can order the correct service manual and replacement part?

There should be a plate riveted to the port side transom bracket with number and year on it. If not there,a silver disc,like a frost plug,on the side of the block may have the number on it.

Back