Logo

BF 150 not starting.

wajira

Regular Contributor
2008 BF150 2500 Hrs run engine,never done periodic maintenance except oil change at 100 or 150 hrs , but till yesterday it runs fine,suddenly stop at idle and again never start,

1.All the cylinder compression OK
2 Fuel pressure Ok
3 All the fuel filters changed
4 Spark plugs changed
5 Spark test is done
6 Ignition coils are changed
7 Injectors spray normal.
8 Main wire harness to engine checked
9 No any Fault codes

First cranking its sounds like igniting but after no sign of firing at all, any Idea,

wajira

Ok....you said you have good compression, good spark, and fuel spraying from the injectors....

It could be possible the the IAC is stuck closed. Try advancing the throttle some when you try to start it and see if it does any better. If it starts at least a little, I would check the IAC. If the IAC is ok, it might be work the time to get a small tank with fresh fuel and empty/flush out the existing fuel from the engine. Then try again.

It is unlikely, you have a broken timing chain, although it is possible....and timing is important. You can pull the valve cover to take a peek at it and see if it is intact as it rotates around the cams. At the same time, you can check the timing marks. Check the marks on the cams and the crank pulley. The marks on the timing chain only line up every so many revolutions...and you may never get them to look right.

Mike

Wajira - you said that the injectors "spray normal". I assume that you tested those when removed from the engine, but are you sure you are getting fuel into the cylinders? If not look for a blockage between the HP fuel pump and the fuel rail. On the 225 there is a screen under the fuel pump and there is another screen in there some where in front of the fuel rail.

thanks mike finally i opened valve cover, surprise timing chain adjuster stuck and timing almost half round out, but it is turning with crank, good compression all cylinders, no valve hit on the piston, after changing chain and adjuster ,engine start at first crank and running fine,

thank you so much both of you,

wajira

Back