Logo

Pee stream, how strong?

wijames

I have a 2004 Honda 90 four stroke and wondered how strong the pee stream should be. Mine does have a steady stream out about 1 1/2 feet from the engine at idle and a little better at speed. Is this normal? Wondering if maybe it's time for a new impeller.

I'm not sure to what extent it varies by engine model, but the stream on my 50 is quite strong --- (in an unpaved parking lot it will make a divot in the sand/dirt). Sometimes bits of junk get stuck in the pee tube --- you can use the straw on a can of WD40 to ream it out a bit, that helped when I had some sand stuck. If I were you, I would replace my impeller and confirm no clogs in the thermostat housing.

I'm not sure to what extent it varies by engine model, but the stream on my 50 is quite strong --- (in an unpaved parking lot it will make a divot in the sand/dirt). Sometimes bits of junk get stuck in the pee tube --- you can use the straw on a can of WD40 to ream it out a bit, that helped when I had some sand stuck. If I were you, I would replace my impeller and confirm no clogs in the thermostat housing.
I know the tube is clear cause when I flush it the stream shoots 5 feet from the boat. I haven't had this boat very long so maybe it would be best to just have the impeller replace for piece of mind.

Back