Logo

Mariner 50 start issues

Outboard dude

Hi all, I have a issue that is very difficult to resolve.

My mariner 50 has been running excellently until today.

Now, when I push (cold start choke) and turn the key I get nothing but a intermittent and weak buzz/ring from the alarm in the throttle controller. 8 out if 10 times there is just nothing. Then sometimes there is a clicking in the motor.... but the starter never engages... just nothing!

The trim switch works on the throttle but is intermittent on the motor switch.

Battery Is full charge. And fuse on side of motor is good.

Is this a starter switch issue or something at the motor end? And how do I test this?

Thanking you in advance for any advise you can give

Sounds like bad battery connections. I hope you aren't using a wing nut on the terminals? (See that all the time. They create lousy connections and hard starting.) A good stainless locknut works MUCH better.

Jeff

Sounds like bad battery connections. I hope you aren't using a wing nut on the terminals? (See that all the time. They create lousy connections and hard starting.) A good stainless locknut works MUCH better.

Jeff
his Jeff. Checked termanil connections and all OK. Then checked the 20amp fuse holder connection and found corrosion was preventing an good contact with fuse. Cleaned it up inserted new fuse and bamb!! ... she started.

All's good.

Back