Logo

2001 BF130 Fuel pump rebuild?

moezilla

I think I have a 2001 BF130A fuel injected Honda outboard. Fuel pump is bad. It is the high pressure fuel pump right before the fuel rail.
There is no part number on the casting.. I am hoping the fuel pump which is inside with the two spade connectors can be replaced / rebuilt, and that I can find the parts
I would be very grateful for any help!

fuelpump.JPG

thank you very much hondadude - that saved me a lot of time with my confusion over the 2001 year. Very much appreciated!
Sounds like Honda upgraded the fuel systems during the recalls?

I do not know about that manual. The 130 was introduced in the US in 1999. Here is the vapor separator and pump used at that time.

Yes, it is confusing, but the pump I pointed out before is the correct pump. I can not count how many of these fuel systems that I have updated.

Mike

thanks again
I ordered from that link

I was not getting 12 volts to that pump (no power at all, actually) , so I bet I need to next replace the relay (assuming the pump is always powered)
I did check the three fuse foxes and the main fuse
thank you very much for your help!

You will get 2 seconds of voltage at the pump when you turn the key to on. It only keeps running when the motor is running.

It is possible that the main relay is bad, but I would test for the 2 second voltage before you order one.

Mike

You will get 2 seconds of voltage at the pump when you turn the key to on. It only keeps running when the motor is running.

It is possible that the main relay is bad, but I would test for the 2 second voltage before you order one.

Mike

Wow - another huge time saver -thank you . ! I assumed it was supposed to be on all the time , but I can see from the wiring diagram that the ECM controls that. I could have spent hours getting assuming the ECM powered it for more than 2 seconds! Thanks again.

pump1.jpg

It operates for two seconds and the same time your warning lights and buzzer operate for two seconds when you turn the key to on.

Mike

Back