Logo

PCM Excalibur 2000 hours - New Manifolds. Engine life left ?

Markhoran

PCM Excalibur 2000 hours - New Manifolds. Engine life left ? Looking at purchasing 2005 Ski Nautique 196 with high hours. If I had to replace the engine....Does anyone know what year truck blocks can be purchased? Or is the marine block different? How reliable are parts on current high hour engine when transferring over to new block. How many hours should I expect from the Excalibur? Currently compression is good and dealer is guessing 500-600 more hours out of the engine. Previously owned by group of 3 owners on private ski lake. Any links or suggestions helpful. Thanks - Mark

PCM Excalibur 2000 hours - New Manifolds. Engine life left ? Looking at purchasing 2005 Ski Nautique 196 with high hours. If I had to replace the engine....Does anyone know what year truck blocks can be purchased? Or is the marine block different? How reliable are parts on current high hour engine when transferring over to new block. How many hours should I expect from the Excalibur? Currently compression is good and dealer is guessing 500-600 more hours out of the engine. Previously owned by group of 3 owners on private ski lake. Any links or suggestions helpful. Thanks - Mark
My engine is pristine with 810 hours on it and I cannot keep it due to prosthesis surgery and solo living alone working on second doctorate. Why not make an offer on my engine, the boat and trailer will be stored as I have another engine for future use. You're welcome to consider it as it would be very economical. It would be very reasonalbe with the only question being your location and getting the boat to you. In any event, I wish you the best. Kevin M Callihan, Sr. Esq. Retired 2001.

Hi, Just sent you a PM. Not sure if the boat is still available. However, what state is your motor located in. I am in WA State. Thanks, Mark

Hi, Just sent you a PM. Not sure if the boat is still available. However, what state is your motor located in. I am in WA State. Thanks, Mark

Hi Mark:

Thank you for your kindness in replying. I just wanted you to know that after nearly six decades of pleasure boating and one of the top three "pullboats" of 1980 being my one owner, garage kept with a/c and heat, by one meticulous man and his family who truly gave this boat much attention, has a 'new condition engine' that is a true Pleasurecraft Marine and in the 19 foot model which was at that time called the manufacturer name Supreme Industries, had out an excellent type of ski pul boat for barefoot, competition skiing, and so on. It met all the criteria for professional meets and I saw where you had maybe 2000 engine hours with a suggested perhaps 600 to 700 hours left while mine is like it was pullled out of time and has a 351 c.i. engine with 255 h.p. by Pleasurecraft Marine which was built in Columbus, Ohio and is only 2 hours from me in Athens, Ohio. I don't know how we could mutually help one another but my boat is up for sale, a one owner boat, and is in near show condition with 810 actual hours. I would suggest that you call or email me or reply back with what you had in mind. The state of condition of my engine is like new because of its care and it has been rarely used for 34 years each summer to only have 810 hours on it. Please write back if you want my phone number or email address and pictures may be sent to you. My boat was today put in the local paper for 7 days for sale as now is the time my six decades of life has shown people look for the best deals and I in fact have one. My reason for selling is I live alone and am going to be losing my left leg and have decided to sell the boat as being the just, upright thing for me to do. I was an inboard boat broker, both wooden and fiberglass from 1988-1992 and am familiar with boats somewhat as my father was a boat builder and we grew up on the mighty Ohio river. Please advice what information you may need. Thank you Sir. Kevin M Callihan Sr

Back