Logo

BF130 cant get fuel to pass through Vapor Separator Tank

solrac.hh

Hello,

Looking for some advice. My boat has been sitting for over 2 years, as I had a bad main tank and finally got around to replacing it. It ran just fine when I last kicked it over (probably 1 year ago). I flushed out all the old fuel of the filters and it pumps fuel just fine from the fuel pump but it wont pump fuel through the Vapor Separator tank.

I disconnected the fuel line from the fuel rail to pump out any fuel that was in the Vapor Separator tank and cranked it over hoping to purge any old fuel out the Vapor Separator tank and nothing came out. this led me to disconnect the fuel pump from the Vapor separator tank and there was quite a bit if pressure built up here.

Any ideas what to do from here?

Carlos

Awesome, thanks for the direction!

I pulled part #29 off and while the filter is not sano it is not plugged (I'll order a new one, as well as part #19 ).

I tried to gently blow through part #4 via the hose as this is where the back up of pressure was, from the low pressure fuel pump and it is clogged or closed at this time. Can the valve set (#1) be stuck closed? I was able to use a break vacuum to pull some fuel out of the assembly, when i disconnected the feed to the fuel rail, so i don't think there is fuel in the vapor separator tank....

Thanks again

I think you are on the right track. I miss understood which fuel pump that you were referring to.

That part #1 is probably stuck closed. You will have to pull the cover (#4) off the vapor separator.

It probably needs a good cleaning anyway.

While you are at it, connect 12v to the connector going to the high pressure fuel pump and make sure that it is working (unless you already know).

There is a screen #31 under the high pressure pump that may also be gooed up.

I think once you get the vapor separator apart, the problem will be apparent to you.

Mike

I think you are on the right track. I miss understood which fuel pump that you were referring to.

That part #1 is probably stuck closed. You will have to pull the cover (#4) off the vapor separator.

It probably needs a good cleaning anyway.

While you are at it, connect 12v to the connector going to the high pressure fuel pump and make sure that it is working (unless you already know).

There is a screen #31 under the high pressure pump that may also be gooed up.

I think once you get the vapor separator apart, the problem will be apparent to you.

Mike

Ok,

So I got it all cleaned up, HP fuel pump replaced screens the whole 9, (thanks for the help and the parts) and the fuel is flying out of the of HP Fuel pump now. It seems that the Fuel rail that feeds the injectors needs to be cleared of Air? or do I just keep cranking until it fills with fuel?

Carlos

If you turn your key switch on for two seconds a few times, that should pressurize the injectors. If there is air, it should be purged once you crank the engine a few times. I would not continue cranking for a long time so you do not burn out the starter.

Be sure to connect your safety landyard so there is spark.

Mike

If you turn your key switch on for two seconds a few times, that should pressurize the injectors. If there is air, it should be purged once you crank the engine a few times. I would not continue cranking for a long time so you do not burn out the starter.

Be sure to connect your safety landyard so there is spark.

Mike

Ok, so I had a mobile mechanic give me a hand, turns out I had some pretty dirty injectors. He got them all cleaned up and she purrs like a kitten. Now I need some regular items for maintenance. Oil, gear oil and impeller (and what ever else is appropriate)....It's a 2000 model.

Carlos

Back