circle hook

Regular Contributor
hello I just bought a shamrock boat & it came with a engine

MOD NO MP350ANS

SER NO AN89033612S

MARINE POWE INC.

can anyone help me with manufacture & year

Thanks bob

Bob, are you able to post a few photos of this engine for us?
Do you have an idea as to whether it is a GM, Ford or ___ , or gasoline or diesel, number of cylinders, etc?

.I think its a GM that's stamped on the intake manifold but I still can not tell what year or engine size it is. Thanks Bob

I am trying upload a picture of the engine but having problems doing it, I used the attach button and open the picture but it wont up load to your site.

Thank Bob

Bob, if GM, it will be either a BBC (big block Chevy) or a SBC (small block Chevy)

The BBC is shown to the left, while the SBC is shown to the right.

These are automotive engines, but the same applies to Marine.

Note the evenly spaced exhaust ports of the BBC, and the two center exhaust ports of the SBC.
Also note the valve cover bolt pattern.
The BBC shown uses a perimeter bolt pattern.
The SBC shown is an early engine also with a perimeter valve cover bolt pattern... whereas the later SBC valve covers use a center bolt pattern.

images

Last edited:
does the model number & serial numbers help with the name marine power inc. its a silver tag bolted to the engine. but I don't know where to find a chart on these numbers

I also have a PLEASURECRAFT MARINE Engine Owners Manual which is in original that came with my boat. It is 1980 manufactured boat by Supreme Industries, Ind. in Tennessee. The engine was built by Pleasurecraft Marine built in Columbus, Ohio and is a PLEASURECRAFT MDEOL 351/4. Being over 34 years of age and purchased with the exclusive use of its "make"name of SKI SUPREME which is across the sides of the boat and on the transom thereof, if there is anything you feel may be helpful to you I would be more than happy to copy the manual and send it to you via United States Postal Service. Best of luck to you, Kevin M Callihan Sr. Esq. nonpracticing attorney as of federal social security judge decision with onset date of January 10, 2001. Sorry to add all this but it is the law and I was a practicing lawyer in good standing until that date of 1/10/2001 when a stroke first hit then multple strokes from defective components and non purposeful mistakes by the surgeons. In any event, my pleasure boating has been cut short and my 19 foot [actually is exactly 18' 11"] and is a 255 h.p. engine with only a bit over 810 ACUTAL engine hours since purchase in 1980. I bought the boat through a 3 way purchase where owner of boat bought an agricultural tract and he is my neighbor, as well. Fine people, and very good honest people to do business with so again, if I may be of any any help; don't hesitate to contact me. Sincere, honestly ... Kevin M Callihan Sr, 3697 Hebbardsville Road, Apt. 2, Athens, OHIO 45701. Thanks and the very best of health within you and your loved ones, always ...Kevin.

Yes, and always remember that after 2003, the SMC stopped manufactuer in U.S. but continued as if it never stopped in Mexcico where one may get the original parts to the original engines built for the one of top 3 engines throughout documented history of automobile engines in the United States of America. Sincerely respect and fraternally thine, Kevin M Callihan, Sr., 3697 Hebbardsville Road, Apt. 2, Athens, Ohio 45701 *with sourced documented information provided above originally by best evidence rule with genuine statement made by GM in MOTOR TREND magazine and picked up contemporaneously by HOT ROD magazine. It keeps me young while I was a 'antique and classic, vintage, boat society chapter member in Cincinnatti, Ohio from 199-1992. Thanks.

Back