Logo

50 Hp 2 Stroke Problems

bruce_conley

I have a 2007 50 hp two stroke with tiller that I am having a problem with. I had never had any problems with it until I had to let it set for several months. I removed all of the old gas and put fresh gas into it. It starts fine and idles fine, however when you shift it into gear forward or reverse it will still idle well until you start giving it gas. It will idle about 2-3 mph with no problem, but when you turn the throttle to go faster it dies.

I had it to the repair shop and they worked on it and at first said it was the fuel tank air valve that just needed loosening. I take it to the lake with the valve loosened and the same thing happens.

I took it back they kept it a month, cleaned and rebuilt the carbs and said it was working... I took it out fishing and it worked great for about 4 hours, and then it started doing the same thing and I had to idle back to the launching ramp 7 miles away going 3.0 mph.

I took it back again, and they worked on it and said it was working, I took it out to the local lake and ran it for a while stopped fished a bit then started the motor to go back to the launching ramp and it started doing the same thing luckily the ramp was closer this time.

I am not taking it back to that mechanic again!

Any ideas on what might be the problem??

Thanks in advance!

Bruce

sounds like the carbs are getting pluged --- does it make any differance when you pump hard on the primer bulb
or when you pull the coke out (if it has a choke) --- check the gas filter for dirt or holes. -- you have 4 carbs - hard to believe they all plug up at same time --- check fuel pump.

Back