Logo

Bf150 oil leak at tilt

marketic

Contributing Member
I noticed oil on my hydraulic steering arm today. Not a huge amount but enough to send an instant chill down my spine---I keep the inside of the cowling (bottom outside lip of the oil pan around the rim of the cowling) clean as a whistle so if there's ever a crankcase leak I'll see it.

So I peel off the cowling---still clean inside---nothing obvious--around the filter is pristine--no sign of oil anywhere

But there's a vinyl hose that fits into a notch at the front of the engine near the latch---it had popped loose from the notch where it's supposed to sit---it was smoky black on the inside, as in combustion leftovers and/or residual oil

What is that hose????? What does it drain???

I found its picture in the manual but no mention of what it does or what it drains.

Was that hose my source of oil??? Where would you guys look??

I heard the Achilles heel of the BF150 was a leak in the crankcase gasket so I'm on HIGH ALERT

Thanks for any comments

that hose from intake silencer,it drain some oil from the silencer which accumulate from the breather hose, if it is too much oil, you have to worry,during operation some of oil gas escape from the tappet cover and enter to intake,And part of that gas get cool down and become oil, normal condition it is very little. for confirm clean the intake silencer,use again and check whether same amount of oil drop?

wajira

Thanks for your comments, wajiira

BIG HELP!

I feel much better now that I know where that oil came from

Thanks again

Back