Logo

j150exeue

jgren

Pulled the carbs off for a cleaning and I found something odd. The motor is a 1997 150 ocean runner. When I pulled the high speed orifices I found five to be 57d and one to be 59d. The motor since I bought it doesn't hit above 5000 right now WOT is 4700. Sounds and runs flawless minus the low WOT. Compression is 100 +/- 5 . Will going to the bigger jets solve the problem?

The parts book calls for 59d, part # 319831. You can try them and see what happens. You may also have to do some re-propping.

I'll be replacing the 57D with 59D. Also, I read that in regards to plastic body carbs, the float jet seat should not have the washer/ring under it... I do have them installed and I wondering if this would help if I went that route.? Maybe change the float drop....

When I got the new to me boat (Neptune 212 walk around) the previous owner had a 14.5X19. I swapped that out for a 15.25X15 and the motor was maxing out at the same RPM as it is right now with a 14.25X17. the motor doesn't labor at all and sounds good just a low max. I'm hoping the 59D will put a little extra fuel on the fire.

Three different props turning the same RPM? the motor doesn't labor at all and sounds good just a low max? And the tach is working perfectly right?

The 14.5x19 was turning 4500ish rpm max motor sounded like it was lugging with that prop. the 15.25x15 and the 14.25x17 are at roughly the same rpm range.

Back