Logo

Bf225 anodes.

Hey fellas im in need of anore replacement on my bf225's. I need the bottom bracket (big anode) and the other smaller one on the lower unit. Any links on good prices? Thanks guys

Bob your help is greatly appreciated, just didnt know where to look. I have the big trim anode on the port engine missing as it snapped in half. The other one looks better but needs changing and the ones on the lower unit seem in better shape. Still they will be gone soon. Again thank you.

Make sure that you connect a small conducting cable from one of the bolts on the big trim anode to the motor bracket.

Anyone care to post a screen shop of the manual showing where exactly the exhaust manifold anodes are? I wouldnt mind having a crack at mine.

Thanks

DM

I took my BF 225 in to my dealer for a 400 hour maintenance just before I was laid up with a back operation. The engine had just under 1600 hours. I had them replace the internal anodes for the first time. They said that the anodes looked "ok" but they did change them out. They always give me any old parts that they have replaced. So when I inspected them those anodes were aluminum alloy and extremely light. I understand that one of the problems with aluminum anodes is that they do not waste away like zinc ones, so I suspect it was time for a change out. Just hard to tell for sure, they were just so unexpectedly light.

They are in the exhaust manifolds. See page 5-119 in the Shop Manual.

See items 1, 3, 5, 27, and 24 at http://www.boats.net/parts/search/H...K1 XCA/EXHAUST MANIFOLD THERMOSTAT/parts.html

Note that the left side gasket is different from the right side gasket.

Back