Logo

Winterizing 60hp 4 stroke

flybri

Can anyone tell me if it is advisable to blow low pressure air thru hose outlet of water intake to remove all the water in system. I would think doing this would remove all the possiblity of something freezing and splitting or cracking. This would be the top upper outlet that you can screw hose onto.

Thanks

It wouldn't hurt anything but if you simply store the motor in it's normal position (trimmed down), gravity will do the rest.

I live in Eastern Ontario and we get some minus 30 days in the winter - store my motors "unheated" and have never had an issue.

Being a 4 stroke "do however" follow Merc's guidelines in the owners manual for putting her up.

Flush the engine with pink antifreeze as I have see debris block fuel cooler and freeze and crack, I winterize all my customers 4 strokes with pink antifreeze.

Faztbullet

Fuel cooler is exactly why I question this. How do I go about flushing with the pink. A couple of gallons in bucket and run engine for a few seconds????

Take a old section of garden hose (3ft or so) hook to flush port and hold hose above cowling and pour 1 gallon of pink antifreeze in it. It will exit thru pisser and lower unit intakes. And since its non toxic it will keep the tree huggers happy!!!

Last edited:
Back