Logo

ISO thompson searage nose guard rail

Shark Attack

If posting looking for parts is not allowed my apology in advance and I will take the delete of the post as a hint. No need to scold me public or private.

I have a 1987 Thompson sea rage. The old owner smacked something with the front. The bump guard rail on the nose is damaged beyond repair. I am getting ready to do the fiberglass repair and I dont want to replace the whole rail all the way around the boat. I am hoping, I can help someone on here that has helped me and maybe they have one of these sitting out back and maybe I could spend some money with you.

Thank you.
Kyle

There is no policy insofar as I know about looking for parts as from time to time people do do that, HOWEVER, this forum is pretty much focused on engine or drive issues. That said, the "bump guard" rail on most boats is a rubber like plastic extrusion. There are a number of manufacturers of these rail extrusions and a wide variety of cross sections available. Google "rub rail replacement". Find one that matches your boat. If you don't want to replace the whole thing ( normally they are put on boats as a single piece with the ends meeting in the very rear with a covering piece of metal), then you could just replace a piece in front that extends around the front to the sides and cover those joints with a metal plate. Pick a visually acceptable place for the ends.

Back