Logo

1970? Mercury1150 lower unit

Mercury1150

I was just wondering if somebody could help me locate a lower unit for my mercury 1150. I found this outboard at the dump and it looked like somebody hacked and cut the old one off. So it's missing some other parts as well. I'll post some pics so you can see what I mean, but the big part is the lower unit. Any help locating these parts would be greatly appreciated. (I think it's a 1970.)

thanks, Will

Before you spend a dime on it check to seeif locked up and run a compressio test, may be a reason it was in dump.

I was just wondering if somebody could help me locate a lower unit for my mercury 1150. I found this outboard at the dump and it looked like somebody hacked and cut the old one off. So it's missing some other parts as well. I'll post some pics so you can see what I mean, but the big part is the lower unit. Any help locating these parts would be greatly appreciated. (I think it's a 1970.)

thanks, Will
Here are some pictures of the motor as I said it runs and has 117-125 psi on every cylinder but I couldn't reach cylinder 6 but it runs smooth. So if any one can help me that would be great.image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

I must visit that dump.:D It looks long shaft,so any lower unit from a long shaft, 4 or 6 cyl up to about '84 should do the trick.I ran an '84 75hp lower unit on my beautiful '69 Merc800 until I had a slight mishap with a sandbank:mad:Anyone got a reverse gear and pinnion they want to throw away?
But my troubles aside,you also need the reverse lock lever and hook unless you get the trim system that goes on it.
If you remove the four 1/2" bolts that hold the rear bracket to the pan,the pan drops enough to get a compression tester into #6 cyl

Back