Logo

A cry for help from Norway

norviking

I am a Norwegian living in Trondheim, where it is impossible to acquire accessories for old outboard engines, and I am therefore kindly asking help from anyone who would be able to and want to accommodate my request :(

The trim/tilt harness of my 1981 85hp Yamaha is broken, except for the wiring from the (remote) switch and the trim motor.
To me the cabling accessory seems like an Evinrude/Johnson type from the same period (see attached photos), with the following wires connected to the relay bracket:

• A three-wire input from the (remote) switch – UP (blue)/DWN (green) and 12V (red
  • 12V (red ) from the battery, and GND (black)
along with the two outputs for the trim motor:

• · UP (blue) and DWN (green)

What I need is the cabling harness connected to the relay bracket, along with the bracket and relays.

If anyone has access to such a harness/accessory and would want to help me out, I would gladly pay up-front for the pertinent equipment and transportation to Trondheim, Norway – along with any reasonable remuneration:D

Last edited:
Thanks a lot for the prompt response!

Please find some photos attached. The harness is obviously not original– it looks more like an Evinrude/Jonhnson type from the same period (1980-86?). The label on the bracket reads: 176584 03-F-X MEXICO.

Attachments

• Trim-tilt connected 1.jpg
    Trim-tilt connected 1.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 18
  • Trim-tilt 1a.JPG
    Trim-tilt 1a.JPG
    25.1 KB · Views: 18
  • Trim-tilt 2a.JPG
    Trim-tilt 2a.JPG
    45.1 KB · Views: 17
Back