Logo

40 hp 4 stroke honda outboard

Tent man

It was running perfect throttle was open all the way. I trimmed it up and it starts bouncing It bounced started to trim motor down and it doesn't die but it won't go any faster than idle speed. Is there a safety mode it puts itself in that has to be reset ? Any help would be appreciated . Thanks

It is look to be over heating , did you noticed any buzzer or any light on panel. If it is over heating you will get continue buzzer and red overheat light,then computer will automatically bring engine RPM down to protect the engine. that is why you see engine bouncing due to ignition cut of some cylinders.

once engine cool down, off the engine and restart the safety mode will deactivate.

wajira

Thanks for your suggestion but no it was not buzzing . I. Trimmed it up to and it was cultimateing or bouncing the faster I went and I trimmed it up and it the faster I went the higher it would bounce. I was adjusting the jack plate.

What is the WOT RPM did you get ? And after what RPM it bounced ? Is this new modal BF40 (EFI) ? May be while trimming it is Over Rev...

wajira

It was hauling ass running great then bounceing. It didn't blow out it just culminated bounced then went titts up . Thanx dude for your input . I don't have a tachometer on it but It didn't blow out

Back