Logo

1991 Mercury v6 150hp Black Max Spark issues.. too much spark on left side?

thord_one

REVISED... I need help" I have a 1991 Mercury 150hp v6 Black max W/Brand new Power head from Mercury... I completed the swap on the power head... In the water the motor had no power it would run at idle and if I manually throttled up it would race this is what I tried... I replaced the voltage reg and the alarm box, I was having an issue with no spark on the left 3 cylinders, the right side is operating perfectly.
I then replaced the ... stator & the Switch box for the left side... Now I have to much spark on the left side... I then tested the trigger... tested good... it now sparks 2 to 3 times more then it should ? What is up with that?
Thank you for any reply

Thank you all... I took the boat to dick sherrer repair shop... got boat back and the issue is the same... ok they replaced thees items... FUEL FILTER... SWITCHBOX... SPARK PLUGS... STATOR ASSY... P TRIGGER... AIR BOX GASKETS... BAD WIRING... They did fix the spark issue by replacing the... THE INSIDE SWITCHBOX AND BAD WIRING... Now the issue is the motor idels to fast & @ hi speed the boat looses power... any ideas? thank you.

Back