Logo

1999 115 Evinrude ficht (dont laugh)

load

Motor has been running great for the last five years. Got a low oil warning light filled with fresh oil. Next day took out for a ride and it went into safe mode. No lights or buzzer. Got it home put the muffs on to check water flow good stream out tell tale. Put back in water now engine will not go above the 4000RPM mark. I know alot of people will not respond to ITCH questions but I am thinking of selling this motor. Before this eng would get around 5500RPM. Some help here Thanks

Do a compression test on it first. If that's okay then take it out and do a cylinder drop test on it to see if you have a cylinder not firing.

Last edited:
My friend ran his 175 Ficht when it was doing this. It turned out an injector had failed. And by running it anyway he messed up # 2 cylinder. The power head is shot. I hope that's not what your doing here. Do a compression test and make sure all cylinders are getting fuel before running up rpm's. Good luck selling it. The people that invented the Ficht should go to jail after buying you a new motor first.

Back