Logo

Water vapor from my pcv valve

boilerbill

How and where to start :confused: , i have Crusader 350 XL port motor (cw facing the motor ) no water on the dipstick , runs ,however stalls at idle (water drops in to the carb ) any suggestions

Thanks Jeff , when the motor is cold its fine , after i heat up there is steam vapor , into the spark arrestor , my temp gauge reads 200 doesn't seem to be overheating ,

Ayuh,..... Then what do You call overheatin',..??..??..?? 200° is Waayyy overheatin',.....

Like Jeff says, ya got other problems, like fuel or fire,....

You can pour a soda bottle of water down the carb, 'n it'll keep runnin',...
That's how ya decarbonize a motor, before tear-downs,....

I did a compression test and found that i had 0 comp in cylinder #1 and #8 and only 60 psi in # 5 ,i pulled the valve covers and adjusted the valves and was able to get 80 psi on 1 and 8 , however i # 5 didn't improve , she runs much better she is still 200 plus degrees under load at idle , and apparently still have moisture venting from the valve covers

I did a compression test and found that i had 0 comp in cylinder #1 and #8 and only 60 psi in # 5 ,i pulled the valve covers and adjusted the valves and was able to get 80 psi on 1 and 8 , however i # 5 didn't improve , she runs much better she is still 200 plus degrees under load at idle , and apparently still have moisture venting from the valve covers

Ayuh,..... Ya need a new motor,.... That 1s Beat,.....

Anything under 100 psi, ain't workin',.....

Back