Logo

honda 225 2002 need help stripped screw ?

aristakat

Regular Contributor
ok need your help again guys went to change the high pressure fuel filter when pulling out the 3 screws the top screw started stripping hard to reach any suggestion how to get the screw out.
Can't get impact driver to reach, how hard is it to pull entire fuel strainer off ?

It can be a bit of a pain to pull apart but it is not that hard to do. Pull the lower cowlings and the intake and you can get right to it. Once the intake is off you might be able to get to the stripped screw with some vise grips, assuming it is the one on the top or stbd side.
Sometimes you can get a small socket to fit over the screw head and tap it on. The other thing to try is to tap a torx bit into the screw head or even drill it a bit, then tap the torx in there with a long extension and see if you can back it out. These are things to try that may keep you from having to pull it all apart.

I have used a hand impact tool with an extension (like you use with sockets). That way you can have the impact tool outside the motor so you can give it a good hit.

Mike

You may have to pull vst out completely to do it my way. After it is out, i cut out a slot on the screw head and used a flat blade screw driver. Give the screw a couple of taps to break the adhesion corrosion. Good luck..let us know how it turns out

Thanks guys going to try get extension for impact driver.going to wait for slow time don't want to get stuck w no motor w dive trips scheduled..will update in few weeks when I attempt it

Thanks
Jamie

FYI
Learned something new, my mechanic buddy came by used a punch and hammer to flaten screw head and break corrosion loose w hammer vibration . It worked flawlessly learn something new all the tine

Back