Logo

1999 Mercury 15HP Short Shaft

Gary_10

Hi all

I am new to the forum, have an issue with my very tidy little 15HP 2 Stroke. Last time out all was good, the engine has an electric start and normal pull start. Engine starts first time every time run very well. The issue this time got out to where I was going to be fishing some 80 miles from the house as normal gave the engine a quick start before heading out all worked as expected. Got out and no throttle, checked engine and cables and all looked good twist tiller was working the throttle arm all looked good but nothing would not rev. So instead of running all the way home I just advanced the idle speed so managed my day out but now wondering what has happened. Snapped or not working throttle and carb I can deal with but see no other issues, any help would be gratefully received.

Thanks

Gary

Hi Jeff,

Did not try manually operating the butterfly, with it starting and running well didn't check that will see if it revs normally operating it manually.

Gary

Hi Tried that today butterfly valve jammed almost closed won't budge at all, so take it the carb may have a physical problem, never taken one to pieces yet.

Gary

Hi Jeff,

Did not try manually operating the butterfly, with it starting and running well didn't check that will see if it revs normally operating it manually.

Gary

Get ahold of a manual - Seloc's is ok for carb work.

There isn't much to these - kits are available from any Merc dealer - make it a weekend project.

Back