Logo

Tired 360

Act Three

Contributing Member
My starboard Chrysler 360 is showing its age. It still runs, but the compression readings are all over the place: 50 lbs on one cylinder, several at 100 lbs, and a couple at 120 lbs. The good news is no water intrusion, blow-by or oil usage so I figure a rebuild of the heads is next.

Rebuild Chrysler cylinder heads are getting hard to come by. Anyone have a source? If not, I'll have to have the heads rebuilt by a local machine shop and that makes me a little nervous.

Any guidance? Anything you have to contribute would be appreciated,.

Bill

Bill .......................
My starboard Chrysler 360 is showing its age. It still runs, but the compression readings are all over the place: 50 lbs on one cylinder, several at 100 lbs, and a couple at 120 lbs. The good news is no water intrusion, blow-by or oil usage so I figure a rebuild of the heads is next.
You may want to first perform a cylinder leak-down test to determine just where the problem is.

Rebuild Chrysler cylinder heads are getting hard to come by. Anyone have a source? If not, I'll have to have the heads rebuilt by a local machine shop and that makes me a little nervous.
I agree with Jeff.
A well equiped shop with good machinists is nothing to fear.

If you were to find rebuilt cylinder heads..... an unknown shop/machinist would be over-hauling someone else's cores anyway.

Last edited:
Back