Logo

Some type throttle issue?

Treetime

Heres the issue. Boat will crank on first turn of the key and idle perfect as long as you want it to idle. I can even drive In idle as long as I want with no issues. When I throttle up it starts to bog down like its not getting fuel.

Here is my issue. I can prime the tank with the lines removed, and bulb immediately gets hard hook it to the motor and prime it and I never seems to get tight. However as I said above it will crank first shot an idle like a dream.

Should I look at fuel pump or carbs. not sure why fuel line bulb never gets hard. Is there diaphragm in something that could be busted?

First! What we working on?

And Yes the diaphragm if it's got a rip or hole it won't firm up when squeezin.

Also IF??? the floats aren't set or there is something holding the needle valve open it won't firm.

Is it running OK? Other than that? Do a compression test.
Some motors the pump operates on the compression from a certain cylinder. Again what we working on?
The squeezie could be bad? The diaphragm? The inline connectors? The hose could be delaminating from Ethanol?
The carbs high speed jet clogged? The linkage not advancing?

First! What we working on?

And Yes the diaphragm if it's got a rip or hole it won't firm up when squeezin.

Also IF??? the floats aren't set or there is something holding the needle valve open it won't firm.

Is it running OK? Other than that? Do a compression test.
Some motors the pump operates on the compression from a certain cylinder. Again what we working on?
The squeezie could be bad? The diaphragm? The inline connectors? The hose could be delaminating from Ethanol?
The carbs high speed jet clogged? The linkage not advancing?

Working on a Yamaha 40hp motor is a 92 but clean as brand new one

I replaced the fuel lines from tank to motor... disconnected from motor the squeeze ball gets firm first squeeze.

Has had nothing but non ethanol gas run in it with periodic sea foam and stabil

Just didn't want to start replacing parts at random

other than this it runs like a dream. Fires up on 1st turn of the key every time and will idle as long as you let it run with no flaw at all

Last edited:
Heres the issue. Boat will crank on first turn of the key and idle perfect as long as you want it to idle. I can even drive In idle as long as I want with no issues. When I throttle up it starts to bog down like its not getting fuel.

Here is my issue. I can prime the tank with the lines removed, and bulb immediately gets hard hook it to the motor and prime it and I never seems to get tight. However as I said above it will crank first shot an idle like a dream.

Should I look at fuel pump or carbs. not sure why fuel line bulb never gets hard. Is there diaphragm in something that could be busted?

replace the bulb that easy or what just had the same problem

Back