Logo

1990 Johnson 4 hp fuel pump.

rngerblu

Howdy folks, newbie here. I have searched the post and can't find what I need. I have a 1990 Johnson 4 hp. I purchased a fuel pump repair kit, took pump apart and cleaned everything. then let it set over night to dry out..
Well, thanks to memory problems, I can not figure out the correct placement of all the gaskets and diaframs..
Does anyone have a diagram, or an instruction sheet, they would share with this old guy..
Thanks for any and all help.

rngerblu

I have already looked there, Can't find anything on a 1990 4 hp. I was hoping that someone had an instruction sheet for a repair kit that they could share,, my kit that I purchased had none.

What type of fuel pump do you have? Hopefully the gurus will respond to your question and give some help or you can go to Ken Cook and purchase the service manual for your specific engine; or you can do what I did for my 15hp rude and just buy a new one. Good luck

Thanks Will, I should have bought a new pump.. tried to save a little and bought a repair kit.. I have a lot of experience with small two strokes, but this is my first outboard. problem is that this thing will go together at least 100 ways.. I did not pay attention when I took it apart and my memory is not what it used to be. I have a manual downloaded, but it is for a different pump.. mine is the little square on, pretty common, I am learning. I think the only part I can't figure out is the location of the little spring. Seems no mater where I locate it, I can blow thru pump from either direction. It should be one way only.

If you have the little square one then somewhere in Leeroy's Ramblings he has a good rebuild of the pump with diagrams and all it's the same pump for all.

Will I just found an instruction sheet,, it was right here on this site in the engine diagrams.. thanks for the effort and help.
A nine dollar kit is still a lot cheaper than a 45 dollar pump.
Buy the way, I am going to sell this little engine when I get it running. Any one on here put values on engines?

Back