Logo

Crusader Engine Pan

tglass

I have a 1988 Tiara 33 Open w/ Crusader Model 350's and have some oil dripping from the engines into the bilge. Question: Has anyone either found or fabricated a pan to place under the engines to collect the oil? Interested in any ideas someone might have.

If you don't have a pan you could also get a bilge hog (I think that is the name) which is a roll of absorbent material in a net which yo can put in the bilge to soak up any oil.

I was going to do the same but don't have enough clearance under the trans to slide one forward. The only thing I could use is something shorter and really flexible going from the front of the engine. I have the same year 454's and fixed three pretty good leaks around the oil pan(s) by very lightly torquing a few oil pan bolts. That works but do it a hair at a time because you can't undo the compression if you go too tight. Each of my remote oil flanges leak a little where they bolt to the block, I have the o-rings and will do those when I haul it out.

Now that I've really focused, I think you can have leak free engines of that vintage w/o pulling them.

Bob

Back