Logo

Issues with slow Idle backfire on 1982 15 HP Sea King

Ken Dreger

Just found all the numbers to the motor! Purchased this with a Gamefisher last summer, used it once and it kept dying out in the lake so gave up and stored it till now. I put in new fuel, oil checked plugs. I can get the motor started now, but when I try to slow it down to engage the prop it seems to POP a few times and then stalls out. I can run it at a medium speed while not engaged but only have been able to get prop engaged once today then when I took it down to a slow speed it crapped out on me. Really would like to get this motor running because I would like to use it OR Sell this one with my old SeaGull and get a electric trolling motor. Also in on photo below it looks like there may be some part missing! There are 2 screw holes above in the photo and a round opening in the lower section of the photo! Anybody have an idea on what might go there?
motor-4.jpg

Here are the specs, also would like to locate a User MANUAL!
wards Sea King 15 HP-Model # VWB52119C, 1982 yr Chrysler Ser # G392078

Thanks in advance
motor-6.jpg

Just found all the numbers to the motor! Purchased this with a Gamefisher last summer, used it once and it kept dying out in the lake so gave up and stored it till now. I put in new fuel, oil checked plugs. I can get the motor started now, but when I try to slow it down to engage the prop it seems to POP a few times and then stalls out. I can run it at a medium speed while not engaged but only have been able to get prop engaged once today then when I took it down to a slow speed it crapped out on me. Really would like to get this motor running because I would like to use it OR Sell this one with my old SeaGull and get a electric trolling motor. Also in on photo below it looks like there may be some part missing! There are 2 screw holes above in the photo and a round opening in the lower section of the photo! Anybody have an idea on what might go there?
View attachment 9818

Here are the specs, also would like to locate a User MANUAL!
wards Sea King 15 HP-Model # VWB52119C, 1982 yr Chrysler Ser # G392078

Thanks in advance
View attachment 9817
i have one a year earlier. youre missing the pull start assembly. cant help with the rest. remove the carb and clean it it you have good spark

Back