Logo

5.0 wiring question

RJPRIEST

I got a serious but dumb question. I'm building my son a cj7 with 1993 5.0 someone suggested I use an omc wiring harness and ecu for their ability to handle the wet environment. Would this even work with a land based vehicle. Thanks

You'll probably end up slicing and dicing to the point that you might as well start from scratch. Building an engine harness isn't that hard. s this a Ford or Chevy flavor 5.0?

Ford. Mas air with Standard Trans . No emissions required. I was led to believe that the marine wiring and ecu had everything I would need to run the engine plus no emission accessories. The only thing I know about boat engines is they exist. That's why I came to boat people.

I'm building my son a cj7 with 1993 5.0. Someone suggested I use an omc wiring harness and ecu for their ability to handle the wet environment. Would this even work with a land based vehicle?

RJ, you could certainly use the OMC engine harness and then simply interface it with the vehicle harness.
However, these may be problems for you if you use the OMC ignition system and ECU:

• the OMC ignition system advance curve has been designed for a 5.0L Marine Engine.
  • the Marine curve is rather non-agressive as to combate Marine Engine load detonation.
  • this may hold back performance if the 5.0L has been built for street or off-road use.

Back