Logo

New water pump quits peeing!

fxgardner

Installed a new water pump kit in 1980 Evinrude 25 HP (E25 TECSA) and the pee stream was strong test running in a drum of water. Decided to test again before launching. Pee stream was ok at first but began to dwindle until barely dripping. Ran a wire in the hole to unclog...nothing.
Got good water coming out of the exhaust and the port in front, but no pee stream. Need advice. Thanks in advance.

There may be a clog in the fitting where the pee stream hose attaches.

Do you mean where the hose connects to the lower unit? If so, I'll have to remove the lower unit to check it. Going to work my way to that after checking everything else that it possibly could be. Thanks.

Thanks Kim. I ran it for a while and kept checking the head temp. Didn't know about the six count thing so wasn't sure if it was getting too hot.

Boobie is talking about the fitting under the cowl where the pee hose joins the engine; probably is an ell-shaped fitting. Good luck

OK, thanks. I took the tube off the little nozzle and ran trimmer string in until it hit something and wouldn't go any further. Then I blew in it with an air hose. It's now peeing a strong stream. Thank goodness! I was beginning to doubt my water pump repair job. Thanks everyone.

Back