Logo

Wiring help 2004 twin 130's Yamaha gauges

surfnfisher

Contributing Member
I just bought a boat with twin 130's, and Yamaha gauges. The wires coming from the Honda are not hooked up to any of the gauges . The gauges are tachs,trims,fuel. all wired together except the tach's have leads coming off not hooked up. If anyone can help me figure out which color is what, I would appreciate it.
honda wires are black,yellow, red, green, black white,grey,yellow /blue stripe. Thanks very much.

Honda wire color codes-

Black- ground
yellow -oil pressure alert light
red - over heat light
gray - taco meter signal
black/white -starter signal from ignition switch
yellow/blue -trim signal
white/red - light +

better to find shop manual it will be easy for you.

wajira

Interesting challenge.

If I were giving this a try, I would print out the chart that kimcwbr1 noted (and it is a good chart) and try to match up the colors.

Personally, I have had trouble getting some of the Yamaha tachs to work correctly with Yamahas. Some have come in with different vintage tachs than the motor and they are not compatible and also not marked....so you do not know what you have. Maybe a Yamaha dealer may have more info.....but our local dealer was not much help.

Most of the yamaha digital gauges have dip switches that need to be set for two stroke/four stroke etc.

Not sure what pole setting they are.....your 130's are 4 pole.

While we are at it.....most likely the warning lights on the gauges will be of no value and the trim gauge will definitely not work.....Honda is different than every other manufacture on the output of the trim gauge.

Mike

Back