Logo

PART 2 Impeller issues merc 7.5 (narrowed down)

b521

Regular Contributor
I need some quick help
I have to separate the adapter plate from the bottom cowl. And how do I get at the nylon bushing that is in the adapter plate as I may have to replace it. (is it easy to remove the adapter plate from the bottom of the power head or will I be in for another delay to send for a gasket.
I have power head off on a bench it is hanging on to the bottom cowl somewhere near the bottom of the front of the power head.
Merc 7.5 1973 sn 1731914

I need some quick help
I have to separate the adapter plate from the bottom cowl. And how do I get at the nylon bushing that is in the adapter plate as I may have to replace it. (is it easy to remove the adapter plate from the bottom of the power head or will I be in for another delay to send for a gasket.
I have power head off on a bench it is hanging on to the bottom cowl somewhere near the bottom of the front of the power head.
Merc 7.5 1973 sn 1731914

that would be the NYLON BUSHING AND THE O RING FOR THE WATER PICK_UP TUBE.

I have it off, so save your typing. Just tell me how to cancel this thread, s I don't have time to research it now, and couldn't figure it out the last time I was having to do that.
thx

Back