Logo

twinscan floscan help needed

waggles02673

I have a 29 Blackfin Combi that has carbed Crusader 454's and came with Twinscan Flowscans. My problem is that the twinscan is actually only reading off of one engine and I verified I have sensors on both engines. So what s happening is the twinscan shows me half of the actual total fuel burned. So it will display 40 gallons burned when in actuality I have burned around 80 gallons. Also it will state that I am getting 1.7NMPG when actually I am getting half that .85NMPG. Don't know if I need to replace the sensor on the port motor or not. Any input would be appreciated

Thanks

Jon

If you have twin engines, and if you want to learn your fuel burn in NMPG (of which is much more meaningful than GPH), you'll need a fuel flow sensor for each engine.

Jon,

Is this the meter that you have? Twinscan.jpgIf so, are you saying that only the starboard engine is showing a GPH reading when under way or it just that the totalizer Gallons used is incorrect? How difficult would it be to swap the twp sensors to see if the problem follows the port sensor? I agree about calling Floscan.

Erich

Erich hit the nail on the head, with the questions...

I'd suggest swapping the sensor inputs to the meter vs physically swapping them...

Guys thanks for all the help. I actually called Flowscan and they knew exactly hat was going on. I have old sensors that are going bad and need to be replaced

Back