Logo

Bf15d

bradbf15d

Can anyone tell me on a carburetor on a BF15 d there is a small brass tube that goes into the bowl where the accelarator pump is. on my carb when i place a needle in this tube it is solidly blocked aqbout 3/16 in and have tried to clear but seems solid is this tube supposed to have a flow and if so where does it go. the tube is about inch and half long

That tube should be open all the way from top to bottom. That is where the extra fuel comes from (from the bowl) when you start it when it is cold.

I suppose your motor is hard to start....or maybe it does not start at all.

It will probably start, if you crank the throttle a few times, causing the accelerator pump to shoot fuel into the throat of the carburetor.....that is, if all other passages are clear.

Mike

That tube should be open all the way from top to bottom. That is where the extra fuel comes from (from the bowl) when you start it when it is cold.

I suppose your motor is hard to start....or maybe it does not start at all.

It will probably start, if you crank the throttle a few times, causing the accelerator pump to shoot fuel into the throat of the carburetor.....that is, if all other passages are clear.

Mike
Mike thank you for your reply. Just to be sure the tube i am talking about is feed from the accelerator pump not the one with the thermal solenoid on it. So what you are telling me is that this one should be clear all the way up to carb Thanks again

Sorry for the delay. I thought I answered this this morning....since I was thinking of the wrong tube. I must not have pushed the "post" button.

The tube you are referring to is not clear all the way. I do not know what is in there, but I checked one at work and, like you, found something in about 3/16" or so.

Unfortunately, I do not know its function, off the top of my head. Maybe Jimmy knows what it does.

Mike

Sorry for the delay. I thought I answered this this morning....since I was thinking of the wrong tube. I must not have pushed the "post" button.

The tube you are referring to is not clear all the way. I do not know what is in there, but I checked one at work and, like you, found something in about 3/16" or so.

Unfortunately, I do not know its function, off the top of my head. Maybe Jimmy knows what it does.

Mike
Thank you so much for doing this for me i just could not work out why it would be like that. I have got the accelarator pump going again and all the jets cleaned out so now i know it can go back together i really do apreciate you taking the time to check that Thanks again

I saw this post yesterday but it just confused me. I guess I would need a photo since I don't have any BF15D carbs lying around.
Anyway, it seems you already have it sorted out.

Back