Logo

nissan 6hp 4 stroke about 8-10 years old

daryl

i bought this ob for my sailboat on ebay .... stored it as it arrived from ebay for 1year i finally put it on the boat .. hooked up the fuel ... and it ran beautifully for the next 4 years with absolutely no maintenance besides an annual flushing by running it in a bucket of water ..... i decided it was due for a spa day so i took it to a nissan dealer hasn't run well since ..... now it will eventually start ...run for about 10 seconds and die but backfiring while running and if i keep trying to start it smoke comes out from under the hood .... now in the early days when it was running ,i probably only ran it about 2 hours per season ..... any suggestions besides using it for an anchor:(

Grab a Factory service manual and diagnose it. Is the oil level correct? Do you always run the gas out at the end of the day? The NS4A2 is almost indestructible. I assume that is your model.

Grab a Factory service manual and diagnose it. Is the oil level correct? Do you always run the gas out at the end of the day? The NS4A2 is almost indestructible. I assume that is your model.

thanks for the advice .... i'll double check the model and get a svc manual AND check the oil thanks again

Back