Logo

Starter recoil 1995 evinrude universal with older models?

Tascott

I was looking around online for the complete starter recoil and the cheapest is $425. I have found older ones on eBay for $60 are the older interchangeable with the new model? I have a 1995 20 hp evin rude model E20CREOR. I am new to the game of outboard motors so trying to learn along the way!

Probably the same for a number of years. I just looked at the parts list for a 1989 and it looks the same at first glance. You might also do a comparison on whatever year you are contemplating. Just look it up here at marineengine.

Probably the same for a number of years. I just looked at the parts list for a 1989 and it looks the same at first glance. You might also do a comparison on whatever year you are contemplating. Just look it up here at marineengine.

Thank you for the reply! I am nervous because mine has two prawls to catch the fly wheel and all the replacements I see only have one. It seems the spacing should be fine on it though.

OK, why do you want to replace the whole thing if you already have one? Why don't you repair yours? just wondering......

Well whatever you are comfortable with. They aren't complicated, if you want jump in and give it a try. Just be careful, that spring in there can jump out and put out an eye. Wear safety glasses

Back