Logo

92 ns9.9b2 tiller to controls

jpg

Are these parts still available and what all would I need.. I'd like to be able to steer and forward/reverse and throttle... I have a steering cable that was hooked to a 73 mercury anyway of salvaging that for this.. Also have all the controls from the motor if it can be rigged to work with the nissan that'd be great

The Merc RC box does not use the same cabling, so you are in for a significant expense if you want to convert to remote. Assuming you are electric start already, the 3B7Q843503 RC box alone costs $386. Then you need the bits to connect the cables at the motor, and the 2 morse cables to operate shift and throttle. If you have the helm (wheel ir stick-steer assembly for the steering cable), and if the old cable is the kind for tilt-tube mounting, you will also need the appropriate drag link and hook plate to connect the steering, as well as a splashwell or transom mount for the motor end of the steering cable, since the B2 did not have a tilt tube for the steering cable.

Keep in mind that the B2 is quite obsolete, and precious few carb bits are available for it, although the water pump kit is still available.

Unless you can find a used setup in a salvage yard, the conversion costs would far exceed the value of the motor.

It was a good motor in its day, but that day was 25 years ago.

Well that's a huge bummer.. This thing runs and looks like it's brand new guess ill just use the tiller

So did my uncle's Model T truck. However, I wouldn't want to be the one to add cruise control to it. :)

And it's not electric start but I can do with out that.. it fires up on first or second pull anyway

Be vigilant by running only fresh (preferably non ethanol) fuel, and always run the carb out at the end of the day. If and when you need a carb kit, you will be out of luck. For now, enjoy the motor while it lasts. :)

Back