Logo

2003 60 efi wont run

dvldwg89

Hi. I'm new to this forum. I've read around some but don't see an answer to my issue.
My boat sat for 2 years without running. When I tried to start it up it ran for about 10 seconds and died. So I changed the plugs , oil , fuel filter and tried again. It fired and ran forabout 3 seconds and died. So after reading i opened up the vst and cleaned the fuel pump. It didn't look dirty at all nor did the vst, but I cleaned them anyway. Put it back together and it ran for about 5 seconds and died.
I can't hear the pump in the vst priming when I turn the key on . Also my buddie noticed that when I turn the key on the mechanical pump clicks once. I disconnected the quick disconnect line just before the fuel injectors. When I turned the engine over no fuel came out of that line.
Any help would be appreciated as the last time 2 years ago that I used the bout it ran great.

So I pulled the vst apart. I checked voltage going into it 13 volts. While it was apart I cranked the engine with the pump connected and it did nothing. Guess my pump is bad. Any ideas how much they cost to replace?

Well great news. I found the pump at Bass Pro. Put it in and wammo she fired right up. I could hear the new pump prime before I started it. Now of to the lake to take her through paces.

Back