Logo

Prop questions for 25' pontoon

douglasnc

Contributing Member
H, I have a 1993 rest pontoon that's 25' long with a 3.0LX engine. It had three prop's on board when I bought it and I want help figuring out which one is best for his boat. The one that's on it now is stamped 48-16440-A40-16P. The other two are stamped 48-832828-C1-17 and 48-36018-A1-15. Had bogging issues past mid throttle That I'm pretty sure was carb related, but don't want to rule out wrong prop. Have had little luck getting advise on a starting point with props for this pontoon. Boat ran 22mph on spedo even while bogging , but I didn't check the RPM as I should have. Am sure it wasn't running up to where it was supposed to be. Pontoon is petty heavy with a aluminum top that covers half the boat.Engine is rated at 135hp. Thanks guys.

I would ask your question on the Mercruiser Forum on this site. Go to the top of this page and click on "Forum Home", then go to the Mercruiser forum and post your question.

Generally, you want to match your prop (and your optimum trim) so that you reach the engine specs in terms of Wide Open Throttle (WOT). For that engine, I'm guessing that WOT would be in the 4600 to 4800 range, but I would verify that in the engine manual or on the Mercruiser forum.

Back