Logo

86 Evinrude 110

Philip Rudd

I recently bought
a boat with an Evinrude 110 on it,at the time it ran fine but now it is leaking a lot of fuel out of the top carb and will not start.It sometimes will backfire.all plugs are fireing.Could automotive gas have done something to my carbs.my dad said I have to rebuild the carbs due to the alcohol in the gas.is there a fuel regulator on this engine?Please [email protected]

Fuel leaking out of any carburetor indicates that the float needle valve is not seating properly.

The cure is to (at least) install a new float needle valve assembly and set the float level. Whether the carburetor or "all" carburetors require cleaning and rebuilding remains to be seen. The float needle valve replacement however is a must!

The carburetors, gaskets, O rings, etc, are designed to function okay with ethanol. Don't be concerned about that.

(Carburetor Float Setting)
(J. Reeves)

With the carburetor body held upside down, the float being viewed from the side, adjust the float so that the free end of the float (the end opposite the hinge pin) is ever so slightly higher (just ever so slightly off level) than the other end. And when viewed from the end, make sure it is not cocked.
Thousands of parts in my remaining stock. Not able to list them all. Let me know what you need and I'll look it up for you. Visit my eBay auction at:

http://shop.ebay.com/Joe_OMC32/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

Back