Logo

Pump to change oil 327 AMC

shelbygt

Want to change oil in my Gray Marine AMC 327 and Velvet Drive. Book says to use a Gray Marine pump and place over dipstick tube, not inside it. Dipstick tube must run all the way to bottom of oil pan? Any suggestions on pump I should buy?

The Tempo Oil Boy extractor is a great tool. The kit comes with an array of tubes and a fitting for dip stick applications.
Also works well for priming a fuel system, starting a fuel siphon, removing water, puring a closed cooling system, etc.

Since it's cylindrical and tall, it doesn't require much space to use it.

NO... I'm not a Tempo salesman! :D I just like the product.

2_170200.gif

The Tempo Oil Boy extractor is a great tool. The kit comes with an array of tubes and a fitting for dip stick applications.
Also works well for priming a fuel system, starting a fuel siphon, removing water, puring a closed cooling system, etc.

Since it's cylindrical and tall, it doesn't require much space to use it.

NO... I'm not a Tempo salesman! :D I just like the product.

2_170200.gif

I appreciate the advice but the darned tbing is discontinued. Any idea what replaced it?

Ayuh,..... I've got the larger, taller Moeller,.....

I Love it, 'n use it for alot more than just changin' boat motor oils,....
Same here, Bill!
I've used mine for starting a siphon, purging a closed cooling system cabin heater or water heater, bilge water, home toilet before removing it, ...... even for oil changes! :D

I own two... one for water based liquids, and one for petroleum products.

I made a drive Press/Vac testing unit from one of the larger 2-way Oil Boy extractor.
The plastic container cylinder went bad.... so I took advantage of the 2-way pump.
I use the guage and check valve system from Tom Green's kit.
It works better and faster than any manufactured Press/Vac testing system that I've owned.

Attachments

• Press Vac tester big oil boy.jpg
    Press Vac tester big oil boy.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 94
Back