Logo

F115 4-stroke no start

LUK3

Hello All,
I have a 2010 F115 V4, that I can't get to start.........read through just about everything I can to get this thing going. I am pretty handy, mechanically inclined and bent on doing this myself. Its been about two weeks.......

ISSUE:
*****End of last summer, engine started losing RPM's.........restarted a few times, same issue. Engine would slowly choke itself out the more I throttled up.......finally after a couple restarts, the engine quit entirely.

Figured it was a fuel issue.....
-replaced water/fuel sep
-replaced fuel filter
-added additive, more gas
-all a no go..........

Found that the seal on the gascap was cracked
-replaced seal
-unfastened fuel line to engine, released a couple gallons from the fuel tank, found about 2-3+ cups of water out of the first 1-2 gallons released.
- tried to start, no power

Decided to do my yearly maint.......
-changed oil and filter on upper and lower unit
-onboard battery charger fried, replaced
-2 batteries dead, replaced and charged

Checked current to the starter, decided that this was the issue, replaced ( i assume the old started isn't bad, jumped it from the battery and it worked!). 12.5 v at the batteries, 12.5 v at the starter, 6.5 v on the starter while turning the ignition key.....checked for neutral...........

***So the starter engages, solenoid pops up, but it does not spin the flywheel. Spun the flywheel by hand, pretty difficult but the wheel does turn.......im thinking a few things.....

1. water in the engine from the gascap leak - check spark plugs for fuel/water
2. electrical issue with the switch....possibly ground

any help would be greatly appreciated, and if your in the dc baltimore area, a free fishing trip.....at the least.

Thanks
Luke

Back