Logo

2000 OX 66 problem

coondog

Just bought a boat with a 200 OX 66 2 stroke that is giving me problems when idling. When you crank the boat it will idle then sputter real bad and cut off. I have to pump the fuel hose to get it to stay on until I can rev the engine up to get it warmed up. when sputtering it will sometimes surge also. After running the boat at 3-4000 rpms it will idle fine but if I cut it off for 30 minutes or so then crank back up the sputtering continues. Any ideas on what this could be? Thanks in advance. Also, the alarm isn't working on the engine, how major is that to have fixed?

What do the plugs look like? What is the compression? Is the top end speed within spec rpm?The injectors in that engine remain faily simple to remove.You can have them professionally cleaned for 25 ea.Aditionally,all fuel filters require replacement.

When you squeeze the primer ball does it eventually get hard? If it does not, check the mechanical fuel pumps. When they go bad the leak fuel into the engine and cause idling issues.

Back