Logo

BF130 oil leak, and stripped bolt

rkeller

Has had a slow leak for quite some time, increased recently so I have tried to determine where it's coming from. Cover off and back plate removed, can see an oil drip at the back of the engine. Thought it was from the bottom of the big gasket but have now discovered the 2 bottom bolts that hold on a separate piece were loose. Couldn't ever get to them before with back plate in the way.
1 of the bolts was still tight but the 2nd came out with even using the socket. The bolt came out with the inner threads still out it. Stripped inside, will not tighten at all.

I think this where the leak is but now unable to tighten the bolt holding this piece and gasket to prevent further. Any suggestions? Can this be rethreaded? Can send pic if helps.

what is the back plate ?which bolt is slipped ? where is the oil leak ? if you can add some pictures, it will be better.

wajira

Has had a slow leak for quite some time, increased recently so I have tried to determine where it's coming from. Cover off and back plate removed, can see an oil drip at the back of the engine. Thought it was from the bottom of the big gasket but have now discovered the 2 bottom bolts that hold on a separate piece were loose. Couldn't ever get to them before with back plate in the way.
1 of the bolts was still tight but the 2nd came out with even using the socket. The bolt came out with the inner threads still out it. Stripped inside, will not tighten at all.

I think this where the leak is but now unable to tighten the bolt holding this piece and gasket to prevent further. Any suggestions? Can this be rethreaded? Can send pic if helps.

I have the same thing as far as the slow leak at the bottom of the valve cover on my 2000 BF130. Did you ever determine a fix for it?

Feel free to text me back.

Jeff
(425)359-7744

Back