Logo

Chrysler 30 hp coil replacement

marfarkle

Hi everyone I have a Chrysler 30 hp Model 302HB. I'm pretty sure I need a coil . I have no spark from the upper plug wire at all now. It started acting up on start up missing and then has now complety left me. I have reset points and checked the wiring under the fly wheel a couple of times now. My question is can I still find a coil out there? All part list show 79 to 82 but by my thinking this is a 75 model year. I have ohmed out both coils and the readings are the same just one won't make spark. I know they used a lot of the same parts on different models and was wondering if I could still find something out there. I want to thank you all for help keeping thease older engines alive and well. Thanks Mark

Before you buy, try switching the coils around.
Lots of time the points need to be filed or cleaned.

818076A 2 That's the part# They're like $90+
Franz Marine, boats . net and this site sells them.

Thanks Jerry. Tonight I just switched the point sets around and still came up with no spark on top cylinder. So I'm pretty sure of coil problems. I will order and let you know . Again thanks for the part # and where to find what will fit. This motor runs super good and love the electric start with it

Back