Logo

anchor switch

csptain pops

Hello everyone I'm new here just got a 1980 Corinthian 380 aft cabin for restoration project two questions. I have an anchor windlass but can't find switch to make it go up and down. Also no key switches for motors on fly bridge please help thank you. PS hydro steering at both stations turn but ruddersvdont move someone said a bicycle pump to charge system is this true? If so where do you pump it up at?

Last edited:
1...... I have an anchor windlass but can't find switch to make it go up and down.

2..... Also no key switches for motors on fly bridge please help thank you.

3..... PS hydro steering at both stations turn but ruddersvdont move someone said a bicycle pump to charge system is this true? If so where do you pump it up at?

1...... Find out if the Windlass motor switches control full current for UP/Down, or if there is a solenoid switching system with low current helm switches.

2..... Same keys should also fit the upper station switches. If not... pull them and go see a locksmith.

3..... OK.... you mention both "PS" and "hydro steering".
PS is actually Power Assist steering using an engine driven fluid pump........ where as Hydraulic Steering is non engine related with the helm units being the actual fluid pumps.

If Hydrualic, and if equipped with a Resoirvalve, there will be a shader style air fill valve on the Resoirvalve unit.

Prior to charging this, check both helm pump fluid levels.
There should be air purging/bleeding valves at the hydraulic cylinder line connections.

Back