Logo

1989 Nissan 30hp, Still New in Box. Ok to sell? How to price?

JMW99708

My father purchased a brand-new NS30A32 Nissan 30hp Marine motor in 1989, and then left it in the original box for the next 25 years, where it's been sitting in an unheated shed in Fairbanks, Alaska. Dad passed away this spring, and now we're trying to help Mom sell his boating equipment.

The motor and fuel can are still bright and shiny. However we're wondering what might go bad on a motor that's been sitting all this time, or if it's still essentially in "new" condition. Also, what would be an attractive-but-fair price for this motor, assuming that we can sell it?

Any feedback is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Probably needs a new impeller due to dry-rot. Primer hoses may be shot as well, due to drying out. Otherwise should be fine if it stayed dry. Value is up to the buyer and seller on that particular day. Perhaps Nissan Marine would be interested in it for display purposes.

I would think 60-75% of the cost of a new 30hp today because while its "new" there is no warranty and due to its age there may be some parts that are discontinued or no longer available so that detracts from the value a good bit.

im not interested in a 30hp but if i were, I would not pay more then 75% of what I could buy a new one for or I would just go buy the new one and get a warranty

Back